- You don’t have to be physically available in Dubai to start applying for jobs.
- Do your homework before applying: research the company you’re applying to and prepare for the interview.
- As a rule of thumb; apply for jobs between September to May, excluding December.
2018 is perceived to be a promising year for those looking to pursue a career in Dubai. Reports indicate that hiring for professionals with specialists’ skills in the UAE will increase, as many organizations scale-up their projects and launch new expansive ones.
The introduction of VAT system in the GCC is also contributing to the creation of thousands of job vacancies, both full time and part-time.
Among the most sought-after specialists are tax managers, credit controllers, anti-money laundering specialists, executive assistants, accountants, business system analysts, project managers, application developers, human resources and administration staff.
In this article, you will get the scoop on how to apply for a job in Dubai and when is the perfect time to do it.
How to Apply
It’s refreshing to know that you don’t have to be physically available in Dubai to start applying for jobs. Some companies might even grant you a phone or Skype interview while you’re still in your home country.
There are hundreds of job vacancies openings in Dubai every day, don’t wait until you get your tourist or visit visa to apply. Thankfully, online job search platforms such as LinkedIn, dubizzle and Gulf Jobs make it easier to explore job opportunities from anywhere in the world.
Here are a few quick tips to help you start your job search:
- Update your CV so that it’s tailored to each job you’re interested in applying for.
- Add all relevant skills but also add special skills. Dubai is a highly competitive place for professionals, and you need to mention all the information that lets you stand out from the crowd.
- Do your homework before applying. Research the company you’re applying for to prepare for the interview.
- There’s nothing worse than applying for a job where your experience and skills don’t match the requirements. Don’t waste your time and the recruiter’s time; read the requirements and qualifications carefully before applying.
- Connect with other professionals in your industry online and offline. Let people in your professional network know that you’re looking for a job in Dubai to expand your chances.
When to Apply
As a rule of thumb; apply for a job between September to May, excluding December. That means that the best months for you to pursue a career in Dubai are January, February, March, April, May, September, October and November. That’s 8 months out of 12.
Avoid applying for a job in Ramadan, the holy month when Muslims fast. Working hours are reduced and business moves slowly in general.
Ramadan these years fall in Summer; between June and August. Moreover, in June, July and August many people take vacations as the weather gets extremely hot. And in December again, people take vacations and decision-making and recruitment processes are often delayed until January or February.