- Everyone wants their car to look great for as long as possible.
- The more aware and careful you are about your car’s needs, the longer it will maintain its top performance and great shape.
- We have provided tips for the ideal maintenance of your vehicle from the inside out.
Everyone wants their car to stay in great shape for a long time. Therefore, car maintenance is crucial.
We gathered below a few easy tips that can help you be a more mindful driver, as well as driving tips to include in your driving routine, which will help keep your car in check.
General road safety tips that guarantee you stress-free rides:
- Keep your fluids topped off
- Perform scheduled engine maintenance
- Ensure that the vehicle’s exterior lights are functional at all times
- Fill your tires with enough air
Speaking of tires, how would you know when it’s time to change them? Look out for cracks and bulges on the tires and make sure that the tread depth is 1.6 mm or lower. Whenever you are checking the tires’ pressures, it’s good to check your tires visually. This should be done at least once a month.
Tires and wheels are tricky. So have your car’s wheel alignment checked every 48,000 km or as recommended in your owner’s manual.
Also, if your steering is stiffer than usual or the vehicle tends to pull to one side, you probably have an alignment problem. It can also mean improperly operating brakes or shocks, a bent wheel, internal tire damage, or worn bushings. Note that improper tire alignment will shorten the life of your tires and cause poor handling.
The best advice would be to listen to your car
- Exhaust noise means exhaust leaks! Carbon monoxide gas is highly dangerous even in small leaks and especially while driving or parking with the windows closed. Older cars may have rusted floors, which allow exhaust gas to get into your vehicle.
- Screeching noises from the motor area after you start the car can mean one or more belts are loose. Have them tightened to avoid having the belt wear out or break. Slipping belts can cause a dead battery, hard steering and/or overheat.
- The little red light. Now, this is one is a visual and audible warning! As soon as it’s on, it’s referring to oil pressure or overheating. Stop the car immediately and safely. Driving one extra kilometer could damage your engine. A light or message that says, “check engine” or “service engine soon” can still get you to your destination or a repair shop. It may indicate a computer problem and will not result in immediate engine damage but could be wasting gas.
Moving on to miscellaneous little tricks that could extend your cars’ lives
- Does your car key share a chain with a dozen or more other keys? The weight combined with bouncing while you drive can wear out the tumblers inside the ignition and eventually lead to ignition switch failure. Keep it light!
- Don’t add water to the windshield washer reservoir because it won’t clean as well as washer fluid. Avoid running your windshield washer system once you suspect there’s no more fluid in the tank or you might damage the washer fluid pump.
Pimp out your car and keep it looking great and dressed to the nines
- Want to give your car a nice wash? Make sure not to wash it while it’s still hot from being parked under the sun and in the heat. High temperatures can make cleaning more difficult and cause deposits that eventually damage paint.
- Careful with the anti-lock brake system (ABS). It is sensitive to moisture, which may ruin the expensive ABS pump and rot the brake lines from the inside. Since brake fluid attracts moisture, it should be “bled” or purged at least every three years, or as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Although leather interiors are lavish and durable if they are maintained; when neglected, they quickly become cracked and unappealing. Use leather cleaner to remove dirt followed by a leather protectant that will resist stains and keep your leather soft and supple.
- Last but not least, keep your car looking great by insuring it and avoid any kind of accidents. Luckily it is now super simple to find a suitable car insurance for the right budget! Just go to www.aqeed.com and follow the steps to infinite policy quotes!
Happy and safe driving everyone!